You can claim the deduction u/s 80G for certain donations made during the financial year.
It is mandatory to submit the PAN of the Donee to claim the benefit. You can find the PAN of the Donee on the donation receipt.
The deduction limit for donations may differ based on the funds/organization i.e. Donee. The donations may be:
- 100% exempt without any upper limit
- 50% exempt without any upper limit
- 100% exempt subject to an upper limit
- 50% exempt subject to an upper limit
Steps to add 80G deduction
- Go to Tax Breaks
- Click on 80G card
- Post that add the deduction amount in the appropriate bucket (i.e- State/ Nationally recognized charities in upper bucket meanwhile social empowerment charities in the bottom bucket)
- Click on Add Donation
- Post that just add the charity PAN and the donation amount rest of the charity details will be prefilled