Form 27Q is a TDS Return/ Statement containing details of TDS deducted on payments other than salary made to NRI.
Every payer/ deductor who makes payment of certain nature to NRI is required to deduct TDS from such payment at a prescribed rate.
- Payments to non-resident Sportsmen/Sports Associations.
- Other sums are payable to Non-Residents.
- Income in respect of Units of Non-Residents.
- Payments in respect of Units to an Offshore Fund.
- Income from Foreign Currency Bonds or Shares of Indian Company Payable to Non-Resident.
- The income of Foreign institutional investors from securities.
- Income by way of interest from an Infrastructure Debt Fund.
- Income by way of interest from Indian company engaged in certain Businesses.
- Income by way of interest on certain bonds and Government Securities.
- Payment of the accumulated balance of the provident fund, taxable in the hands of the employee.
- Investment fund paying an income to a unitholder.
- Income in respect of investment in securitization trust.
Read More: What is Form 27Q?