If you sold a property during the financial year, you can claim the following expenses while filing your Income Tax return:
- Commission or brokerage paid to the property agent
- Stamp duty paid on transfer of property
- Travel expense incurred to complete the sale transaction
- any legal charges related to obtaining succession certificate, executor fees etc, if the property is transferred was inherited.
- Litigation expense for claiming the enhanced compensation, in case of compulsory acqiosition.
Note: These expenses are allowed as deduction only when you file your ITR with Capital Gains on the Sale of a House Property.