Following expenses incurred during the sale of a House Property can be claimed while filing the income tax return:
- Commission or brokerage paid to the property agent.
- Stamp duty paid on transfer of property.
- Any travelling expenditure incurred in order to complete the sales transaction may be allowed as deduction.
- In case the property is transferred as a result of inheritance, any legal charges related to obtaining succession certificate, executor fees etc., may also be allowed as deduction.
- In case of compulsory acquisition, litigation expenses for claiming the enhanced compensation is allowed as deduction.
All these expenses are allowed as deduction only for the purpose of calculating the Capital Gains on the Sale of a House Property.