You may not be needed to submit your investment proofs, rent receipts etc at the time of filing. However, after your tax return is submitted and processed, the Department may ask you to upload supporting documents on the Income Tax website. Hence, keep copies of the rent receipts and other relevant document proof if you are claiming HRA/Section 80 deductions in the tax return directly.
Articles in this section
- How to claim various deductions on Quicko?
- How to claim deduction u/s 80GG?
- Deduction u/s 80TTA/TTB not showing on Quicko?
- How to add deductions and tax-breaks on Quicko?
- What are the deductions that can be claimed to reduce tax liability?
- Do I need to submit investment proofs at the time of filing?
- What is the exempt limit for Medical u/s 80D?
- Who can claim the benefit for Higher Education Loan u/s 80E?
- What are the deductions under section 80EE?
- How to claim the deduction for donation made u/s 80G?