You may not be needed to submit your investment proofs, rent receipts etc at the time of filing. However, after your tax return is submitted and processed, the Department may ask you to upload supporting documents on the Income Tax website. Hence, keep copies of the rent receipts and other relevant document proof if you are claiming HRA/Section 80 deductions in the tax return directly.
Articles in this section
- Deduction u/s 80TTA/TTB not showing on Quicko?
- How to add deductions and tax-breaks on Quicko?
- What are the deductions that can be claimed to reduce tax liability?
- Do I need to submit investment proofs at the time of filing?
- What is 80C?
- What is the tax exempt limit for ELSS investments u/s 80C?
- Is it required to provide supporting documents to claim deductions?
- What is 80CCC?
- What is included u/s 80CCE?
- What if my deductions exceed INR 1.5 Lakh u/s 80CCE?