You need to calculate the advance tax you owe, then you must go to the Department website to deposit it.
Read and follow the instructions on this link to pay advance tax online.
You need to follow these steps to file Advance tax online:
- Step 1: Visit the TIN NSDL e-payment portal.
- Step 2: Select Challan No./ ITNS 280
- Step 3: Select the tax applicable as (0021) Income Tax(Other than Companies)
- Step 4: Select Type of payment as (100) Advance Tax.
- Step 5: Select Mode of Payment and name of Bank.
- Step 6: Enter PAN and Other Details including your email Id and contact number
- Step 7: Select the Assessment Year, enter the captcha and click on Proceed.
- Step 8: Verify the details that were entered and click on “Submit to the bank”.
- Step 9: Now you can log in to the net banking account of your bank to make the payment.
- Step 10: Once you make the payment you will get challan counterfoil with Bank details. Save it for future reference.