If you’ve successfully submitted your return, you will be able to see a confirmation number after the timer runs out.
Both the confirmation number and message will come directly from the IT Department, indicating that they’ve successfully received your return.
To check your e-filing status please go to the ITD's website:
- Enter your PAN number and the correct Assessment Year (2017-18) and check the status.
- If it says “ITR-V received”, there is no further action required from your end.
- If it says “No e-return has been filed for this PAN and Assessment year or E-filing Acknowledgement number.“, it means your return has NOT FILED YET. You should try to finish your e-filing first.
- If it says “ITR-V not received”, that means your e-filing IS DONE, but VERIFICATION is PENDING. For your next step, please verify your return using any one of the options mentioned below –
- Send the ITR-V, the 1-page verification document to the Income Tax Department in Bangalore or e-verify through your tax return using your Net banking account/ Aadhar OTP/ Department website OTP.