To check if your tax return has been submitted or not, please go to the IT filing website.
To check the status you will need to:
- To log in enter your PAN number and the correct assessment year (2020-21) and check the status.
- If the status is “ITR-V received”, there is no further action required from your end.
- If its status is “No e-return has been filed for this PAN and Assessment year or e-filing Acknowledgement number.“, it means your return has NOT BEEN FILED YET. You should finish your e-filing first.
- If it is “ITR-V not received”, that means your e-filing IS DONE. However, the verification is STILL PENDING.
- You need to send the ITR-V, the 1-page verification document to the Income Tax Department in Bangalore or e-verify through your tax return using your Net banking account/ Aadhar OTP/ Department website OTP.