E-Credit Ledger or Electronic Credit Ledger is the ledger available on GST Portal which reflects the following:
- Input Tax Credit of GST accumulated from purchases and expenses
- Input Tax Credit of GST utilized for payment of output tax liability
- Balance Input Tax Credit that can be utilized in future
The credit of Input GST from purchases and expenses can be used for paying Output GST on Sales and not for paying interest, late fee, penalty etc.
- If Input GST > Output GST, excess balance is reflected in E-Credit Ledger
- If Input GST < Output GST, use balance from E-Credit ledger and pay remaining amount depositing cash in E-Cash Ledger