GSTIN i.e. GST Identification Number is a unique number issued to a business registered under GST.
- GSTIN is a 15 digit number allotted on basis of PAN of business
- GSTIN can be verified on GST Portal
- It is important to verify GSTIN of taxpayer to ensure that GSTIN quoted by them on documents actually belongs to them
- It is important to ensure that GSTIN on invoice is valid since many sellers enter a fake GSTIN to fraudulently charge GST from buyers
- To obtain GSTIN, you should apply for GST Registration. Here is structure of GSTIN
Read more - What is GST Number / GSTIN?