GSTIN is a 15 digit unique number issued to a business registered under GST. To obtain a GSTIN, follow these steps:
- Make an application for registration on GST Portal
- Submit required documents and information
- Tax officer would process application and ask for clarification if required
- Once tax officer approves the application, he would issue a GSTIN for business
- The process of applying for registration and obtaining GSTIN is free of cost
Read more - How to apply for GST Registration on GST Portal?