No. TAN once allotted can be used for all types of TDS Deductions. For example: If you are a company/employer who needs to deduct TDS on salary and professional fees then he can do the same with the same TAN. However, you will be required to file two different TDS Return i.e, 24Q for TDS on Salary and 26Q for TDS on Professional Fees.
Articles in this section
- Who is a responsible person under e-TDS Return?
- Can I make changes to payer/deductor details in filed e-TDS Return?
- What information of payer/ deductor is required to file e-TDS Return?
- Who is a Payer/ Deductor under e-TDS Return?
- Who needs to deduct TDS?
- How is TDS Deducted?
- What is TDS?
- Should government deductors apply for TAN?
- How to know your TAN Online?
- Can I file e-TDS Return without TAN?