A taxpayer can easily file ITR using Form 16 from the employer in less than 5 minutes. However, the following are the points to keep in mind while uploading from 16:
1. The PAN in Form 16 and the Taxpayer profile should match while uploading form 16 to show the correct taxable salary gets reported while filing ITR.
2. The Assessment Year of ITR and Form 16 should match for the income to get taxed in the correct financial year.
3. The size of uploaded form 16 should not exceed 1 MB if the size is more than 1 MB one needs to reduce the size of PDF before uploading it again.
4. Both the part of Form 16 i.e, PART A and PART B of Form 16 should be generated from TRACES. Since now employers no longer need to generate Form 16 PART B by themselves.
5. In case of Form 16 with an older format taxpayer can add the salary details manually.
6. Form 16 should be in readable PDF Format and not an image in order to be processed successfully.