Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is an electronic form of signature. The Income Tax Department has made it mandatory to file Tax Audit along with a DSC.
The process is as follows:
1. Apply for DSC in order to authenticate your identity electronically.
2. Download DSC Utility from the Income Tax Website. (IT Website)
3. Register DSC : You need to register in your account on IT website by generating a Signature File using DSC Utility.
4. Approve Tax Audit Report : Once your Auditor has filed the Tax Audit report, you need to accept/reject it from your account on IT website by generating a Signature File using the DSC Utility.
5. Upload Income Tax Return : You can upload the ITR from your account on IT website by uploading the XML and Signature file generated from the DSC Utility.