Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is an electronic form of signature. The Income Tax Department has made it mandatory to file a Tax Audit along with a DSC.
Steps to file ITR with Tax Audit
- Apply for DSC in order to authenticate your identity electronically
- Download DSC Utility from the Income Tax Website (IT Website)
- Register DSC : You need to register in your account on IT website by generating a Signature File using DSC Utility
- Approve Tax Audit Report : Once your Auditor has filed the Tax Audit report, you need to accept/reject it from your account on IT website by generating a Signature File using the DSC Utility
- Upload Income Tax Return : You can upload the ITR from your account on IT website by uploading the XML and Signature file generated from the DSC Utility