The income from the sale of other assets is classified under "Capital Gains" as short term capital gains or long term capital gains, based on the period of holding. Other assets cover sale of jewellery, vehicle, paintings etc.
If the TDS is deducted & deposited by the buyer, it will be reflected in your Form 26AS. You can claim this tax credit while filing your Income Tax Return.
To report capital gains from the sale of other assets:
- Navigate to Incomes > Capital Gains Tab
- Go to the section "Did you sell Other Assets?" and click on "Add Incomes"
- If you have already added capital gains
- Select "Other Assets" to "Add Incomes"
- Add the description of the house property sold, the purchase and sale date as well as the purchase and sale price and if any transfer expenses paid.
- Add any cost of renovation and expenses incurred in addition to house property in the relevant financial year
- You will be landed to the summary of your indexed gains/losses from sale of other assets.