Income from other sources is essentially head of income that includes all receipts that cannot otherwise be classified under any of the other heads of income such as interest on savings bank account / fixed deposit, IT refund, dividend income, pension, etc.
Income from Other Sources accounts for income you have earned from interest, dividend, exempt income and other sources. You can also refer to these incomes from Form 26AS and bank statements.
Steps to add Income from Other Sources:
- Navigate to Incomes
- Incomes > Other
- Interest Income: Includes interests from savings account, fixed deposits, IT refund and any other interest
- Dividend Income: Dividend from domestic company needs to be added quarterly as per ITD rules.
- Exempt Income: Includes PPF Interest, Gift Income and any other exempt income
- Any Other: Includes family pension, tuition income and any income from other sources
- Post adding IFOS, this is how the summary screen looks for you. You can click on Add from the menu for adding Other Sources of income.