When you have logged in from your broker you will be directed to the Tax P&L page to visualise your P&L. Once you have clicked on 'Tax Filing' after coming from Tax Planning, your tax payer profile will be auto-setup once you are on the app.
Steps to file ITR:
- You can start from completing your taxpayer profile. You will have to add your Aadhar no, Date of Birth & Gender (if missing), residential address and contact information (email id and mobile number).
- You can go to the Incomes dashboard. You can start with the Salary tab. Refer to how you can add your Salary Income.
- You can go to the Incomes> House Property tab. Refer to how you can add House Property Income: Self Occupied, Let Out or Deemed Let Out Income.
- Your 'Capital Gains' and 'Business & Profession' tab > You will have to import investments from your broker through broker partnerships or through the excel templates provided. Your expenses will be populated from the broker as well. Since you have B&P income, you will have to maintain a balance sheet, refer to how it can be done in this article. You can also add other incomes from business/professions.
- You can go to Other Incomes tab in Income section and manually enter the same.
- You can go to the Tax Breaks section to enter your investments in deductions.
- You can enter your Tax Credits tab and upload your Form 26AS or add tax credits manually. Refer to this article for how to enter taxes paid on Quicko.
- Go to the Bank Account section to report your bank accounts on Quicko to prepare your return.
- Go to Additional details to enter your Brought Forward Losses, Disclosures, Balance sheet, Tax Audit categories, whatever is applicable to you.
- Go to Review, to see your regime chosen, your interest and penalty (if applicable) and your loss summary & tax computation.
- Click on e-file to clear your business validations/errors/ anything that has been missed out and then e-file and e-verify your return.