JSON is a file format used when downloading or importing your pre-filled return data into the offline utility and is also used when generating your prepared ITR in the offline utility.
When you prepare your ITR on Quicko, JSON is generated and validation rules are run as per the ITD schemas. Here are the validation rules defined for the ITR forms.
- ITR1 Validation Rules for AY2021-22
- ITR2 Validation Rules for AY2021-22
- ITR3 Validation Rules for AY2021-22
- ITR4 Validation Rules for AY2021-22
Fix validations and file ITR
Once you have prepared your ITR, you can click on 'e-file'. When you do so, your ITR is being run for validations defined by the ITD schemas. Here are the steps to review your ITR validations on Quicko.
- When there are validation errors, you will see the following screen. The error is highlighted in the orange exclamation circle symbol.
- Click on the description box to see the error and 'fix' the error. When you click to fix the error, you will be redirected to the screen where the issue lies (for example, in the mentioned case- add the bank account to clear validation error)
- When a validation error is clear, you will see a green tick mark symbol next to the description (which means that the issue is fixed)
- When you fix all your validation errors, you will be directed to the e-filing screen so you can file your ITR as your JSON has been validated.
Here is a list of common errors due to which e-filing may fail
- Date of Birth does not match with PAN
- Aadhar no. is invalid
- Ony one original ITR can be filed