Tax Audit is applicable u/s 44AB to individual taxpayers in case of income from Business/Profession. It is the examination and review of the books of accounts of a taxpayer having income from business or profession.
You must have prepared and want to e-file ITR. Here is the validation that you might see:
You can 'fix' the validation by either Opting In or Opting Out of Tax Audit.
Steps to Opt In for Tax Audit and Prepare your ITR
- Here is the guide to Opt In for Tax Audit
- After adding your auditor details, you can click on e-file
- You will see a card to 'Lets Finalize'
- You can click on 'Confirm'
- You can click on 'Review ITR'
- Once your ITR is finalized, you can download your ITR JSON and file it using the IT Portal
Steps to Opt Out for Tax Audit and e-file your ITR
- You can also choose to Opt Out of Tax Audit and e-file your ITR: Here is the guide to Opt Out for Tax Audit